Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday's Post, Part the Second: Challenges and Revisions

Aaaannnnnd I'm back!

First of all, it's hot. Seriously. As in I'M sweating (and I'm so cold natured I carry a jacket with me in July). At least I know our heat is working!

You've probably noticed the sidebar on the right has become very colorful in the past week. That's because I've stumbled upon quite a few sensational blog challenges and fests. Yes. SENSATIONAL!!!



February 16 (THIS Wednesday) starts things off with the Bernard Pivot Blogfest. Nicole Ducleroir is hosting it over at One Significant Moment in Time. All you have to do is follow Nicole's blog, sign up and post your answers to ten little questions on the 16th. That's it! A fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers and meet some new friends :D Did I mention there's a giveaway involved?



Got a hankerin' to write a short story, shoot the blarney and ride a wild, Irish pig? Colene Murphy is co-hosting a fabulously fun Luck O' the Irish Saint Patty's Day fest! Click over to sign up and join in the fun March 17th!



Lastly (but not leastly), Alex J. Cavanaugh is helping to host the A-Z Blogging Challenge. It will start April 01 and continue through the entire month. In his words, "It’s blogging a letter of the alphabet every day the month of April (with Sundays off for good behavior.) It begins April First with the letter A and ends April 30 with the letter Z." I'm really looking forward to this one! I need some discipline in my crazy life :D

If you guys are looking for some fun, up coming events in the blog-verse, check these out! Sign up, grab a button, and look forward to meeting a TON of other fabulous bloggers. Yeah, yeah, I KNOW we're all SUPER busy, but these types of things strengthen community, our writing discipline, and give us a dash of good, old fashioned fun.

And we all need more fun, right?



One more thing and I'll let you all alone (for now). Ali Cross (aka The Ninja) has some AWESOME blog hops set up for people writing novels or revising them. She's created her own version of NaNoWriMo. Instead of ONE month to write a novel, EVERY month is a chance to get that novel written. Or, if you're like me and in the middle of revisions, there's Ninja Novel Revision Month. Same idea as the novel writing. Go on! What better way to get those novels written or revised then doing so alongside other ninjas in Ali's awesome dojo?

Um...there's not :D

5 comments:

  1. So many awesome things going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm just in time for Nicole's blogfest - I might just sign up - thanks for the tip! And that Ninja Novel Revision Month sounds interesting, too. I love first drafts but I have the hardest time with revisions! I get a few chapters in, and then I get a great new novel idea and want to switch over to first draft mode again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo! Thanks for the pimpage!! All these others look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just happened to run across your mention of the A to Z Challenge. I will link to this on an upcoming Thank You post. Appreciate the promotion.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out and the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)