Announcements, Thank Yous, and a Quote!

Good morning (or evening as it may be when you read this)! Hope you all had a lovely, fabulous weekend! It's a dreary, rainy Monday where I sit (yippee!!)and I'm just bursting with energy. It could be that I've got a slew of projects lined up and that's fear and trembling, not energy. OR it's the two cups of coffee and three sodas I had yesterday....

Regardless-

A big HELLO and WELCOME to my new followers. Wow! I'm busting at over 110!! Love it! I'm hoping to get my 8 page research paper written by tomorrow so hopefully (fingers crossed and mouth held in just the right position) I'll be wandering by your blogs to say hello come mid-week.

Real quick before I leave creative writer mode (boo) and switch into argumentative writer mode (huzzah):

The A-Z Writing Challenge starts THIS FRIDAY, 01 April! If you haven't signed up yet, I'm sure there's plenty of room. I think there's something like 500+ signed up. Could be more since I checked in. The idea is to post on your blog every day except Sundays throughout the month of April. Each post will be governed by the letter of the alphabet for that day (day 01-A, day 02-B and so on...). I'm toying with a few ideas of how to take on this challenge AND benefit my OTHER April-long project:

REVISIONFRENZY!!!
Ok, so that's not exactly an "official" challenge. I made it up :D Many of you know that April is ScriptFrenzy month(brought to you by the fabulous people who bring us 30 days of mayhem and chaos with NaNoWriMo every November). If you're a screenwriter, playwright or just fancy pulling out your hair and drinking copious amounts of coffee in the mad dash to a completed script by April 30, then sign up and take the plunge! I'll be spending those hours of hair pulling and coffee guzzling revising my novel. Yes, I have one. Yes, I've been terribly secret about it. Yes, it's the first book in a series. No, that series does not end with the three books I have written. Ugh. Why do I do this to myself?

So.

April.

A-Z Challenge.

RevisionFrenzy.

Question for YOU: Are you participating in either challenges next month? In the process of mad revisions? Have you posted excerpt from your WIP? Do you like it when people do? Am I being too overprotective of my story/characters/insanity by NOT posting excerpts? Tell me! I want to know what YOU want to read.

Oh yeah...the quote:

I learned never to empty the well of my writing, but always to stop when there was still something there in the deep part of the well, and let it refill at night from the springs that fed it.
~Ernest Hemingway

and another:

If a writer knows enough about what he is writing about, he may omit things that he knows. The dignity of movement of an iceberg is due to only one ninth of it being above water.
~Ernest Hemingway

Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/e/ernest_hemingway_2.html#ixzz1HuIKwtWp

Be BOLD, be FABULOUS, be YOU!
Ciao.

Comments

  1. Would you believe we're now past the 700 mark? 1000 may actually be possible--now that's intimidating!

    I have posted excerpts of a WIP on my blog, but I try to keep them short. I don't mind seeing snippets of WIPs on blogs if they have a similar shortness factor and are not posted too often.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to READING the A to Z challenge posts, but I have yet to give in to peer pressure...

    April is the first month where we have anything that resembles warmth up here in Alaska, so I'm hoping to be running around outside in the mud ;D

    Best of luck to you!
    I find I work best when I'm completely swamped with stuff.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen
    Yes - I'm doing the A-Z challenge too.

    I quite like reading snippets of WIPs on people's blogs, but like Lee, only if they are kept short, and not too often

    However, like you I am incredibly close with my own WIP, and you'll never likely see exerts on my blog, nor discussion directly of the story... I may use it in a round about way to gather people's feelings on a subject though.
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an alphateer (I totally just made that up) well see how I do blogging qlmost daily... Woohoo! As far as revision, well I'll be doing it, but in a different challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in on the challenge the second I knew what it was. :D

    It's rewrites for me. The novel I finished recently wasn't in good enough shape to handle revisions.

    I posted the prologue to my WIP at one point, but nothing since then, and that was almost a year ago. (It wasn't very good. :P) I don't think you're being overprotective; I'm always afraid someone somewhere is going to come along and use one of my ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well at least we had sun but it is cold. I'll be taking part in the A-Z sort of :)
    Good luck with holding your mouth just right.
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for RevisionFrenzy! I've already started mine, and I will probably be continuing through April. Yay for pulling that plot together and fixing wishy-washy characters! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the revising and the research paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on your challenges next month!! Not doing any, myself, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *And congrats on your new followers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your site and as I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Powerful Woman Writer Award.

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.

    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your new signature - the be bold lines. I am considering the A-Z challenge, but hesitate because I am doing Scriptfrenzy, but maybe I could use the A-Z to keep readers posted on my progress in Scriptfrenzy....hmm....I don't know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts