A Baking I Will Do



Dudes and Dudettes (and any other -udes or -ettes who may read this blog)! I've neglected you. I know. For shame. And I haven't been writing. Well, at least not in the creative sense. More in the academic, arguing the evils of book banning and censorship sense. Fun, yes but alas, the novel is still unrefined, unedited, and, quite frankly, unfinished.

Still.

The past two days have found me in the kitchen, baking. Yes. Baking. Well, and there was that whole roast for dinner thing, but mostly baking. Bread. Muffins (blueberry mint muffins to be precise) and...wait for it...coconut bars.

1 14 oz package of sweetened coconut
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Spray a bit of oil on an 11" x 13" casserole dish
Mix the coconut and condensed milk together until thoroughly mushy (real technical recipe here...)
Spread into the dish
Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges and tops just start to turn brown. Let cool.

Behold! A pan of coconutty noms for your enjoyment. You know, while you write. Like I should be doing :D

Cheers!

Comments

  1. They sound terrific. Do you add chocolate to the top? I think I WILL do the A-Z challenge. Why not? Could be fun. The posts don't have to be long. Okay, clicking the button now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOM! I wish I liked to cook. Come cook in my kitchen? (not...and innuendo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then you drizzle some chocolate on top......

    :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of coconut, but if you'd like to pass along how a person goes about making those blueberry mint muffins I'm all ears.

    Even better if you love making them so much that you have extras to send my way so I don't have to step into the kitchen, where there is a WANTED poster with a picture of my face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. write recipes. then you're writing. technically. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have just made me hungry...

    I'll be seeing you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am TOTALLY going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you from the A-Z Challenge, it sounds like it’s going to be so much fun (with a bit of stress thrown in) and I can’t wait to get started!! I’m now following your blog on GFC and I hope you have a chance to check out my blog.
    Monica
    http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts