Boldness

Good Monday to you! I'm shooting for a more active online week this week. What happened last week? Good question. Honestly, I think it has to do with adaptability and my severe lack of ability to go with the flow.

Funny, isn't it? We get what we prayed for and we don't know what to do with it. It's like being stranded on a deserted island and being handed a life raft, all bundled up. We don't pull the chord. We don't read the instructions. We just stand there, on the beach, holding our salvation in our arms.

For me, it's got something to do with the years of stress and burn out. Going from adrenal burn out to "your time is your own now" is tough. Tougher than I thought. Sure, I figured there would be a transition period. Two days, tops. Try more than a week.

And you know what? That's ok. You're trying, I tell myself. You've stepped out and you're on the right path. But I'm not making any progress, I argue. Aren't you? Progress doesn't have to be measured in steps or achievements. Sometimes, just getting out of bed is progress. Depends on what you're going through.

The heart of it is this: don't be so hard on yourself (yes, self, I'm talking to you). Ease up. Allow yourself to make mistakes. No, life isn't forever and yes, we only go around once, but sometimes the best lessons come when we're trying to get "in the swing of things" and fail. Miserably.

If you, like me, are having a hard time adjusting to a new situation (good or not so good), here's some encouragement from Goethe:

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."

And one more from Oscar Wilde:

"Fortune favors the fearless."

So get out there. Forget the past, let the present wash over you, and dream big. You'll get there. You will.

I believe in you.

Comments

  1. I didn't know you had this blog! Also, I love that quote from Oscar Wilde, it's so true! If you stop trying, you'll never get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with their wisdom...fail forward...try and burn again and again...thet is how ingenuity is manufactured...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, you were reading my mind.
    It is a rainy Monday morning, I didn't sleep last night, feel like a week old tomato in the back of the refrig crisper.
    I think I put on the kettle and have another cup of tea. Thanks for your posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog. I needed that this week--funny how our topics often correspond. I'm definitely having a hard time adjusting to a new situation. I love the Oscar Wilde quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a beautiful post for a monday... keep at it and be kind to yourself. As someone who has just come out of the other end of a tunnel of "WTF is happening", I am living proof that life throws some curve-balls at you at times -sometimes you learn a load from them and other times they just clunk you on your head...
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allowing yourself to take some time and find your footing is so important! I love your attitude. And those quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like I need to be more fearless... And I believe in you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to think I'm making some kind of progress, but sometimes I just need to figure what that progress is.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I quit my job last June I was a little worried about how I'd fill my new life. As it turns out, being able to choose what I do has filled it more completely than when I was working. I just needed to keep myself open to the possibilities. They always show up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those quotes. Be Bold, Writing Warrior! Your time has come.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts