In which I quote Eleanor Roosevelt and say "gracias"

You people are fabulous. Truly, I mean it. Go on, give yourselves a hand. I'll wait.

......

All the comments from yesterday's post really encouraged me and inspired me and I can't thank you enough :D

It's March! Newsflash, I know. How was February? Any goals for the shiny, new month? I love the first day of a new month. Almost like a mini-new year. Just think! You could have 12 celebrations every year, 12 new goals and 12 excuses to stay up until midnight drinking champagne and shooting off fireworks! Unless of course it's illegal to shoot off fireworks where you are. In that case, have another glass of champagne :)

March holds a lot of promise for me, most of all, the promise of hard work. Work that I'm more than willing to take on, tackle with all the elbow grease I can muster. I'm ready to get this story edited, get it polished and out to some readers. I've been working on this story (in various forms) for over ten years. On again, off again. It's now at a place where I recognize it. It came to me disheveled but I knew it's spirit. Now it's here and I know all I have to do is stay out of the way and let it plow through.

Next week I get to do just that! Plow through words, plant dreams and till the dirt of opportunity. School, writing, and the art I so love and yet have had to let go for far, far too long.

And I've got something nifty planned for April *hint hint, wink wink* Well, I think it's nifty at any rate.

What about YOU? Any new plans for the shiny new month? Any new goals, visions, dreams within dreams?

I'm sorry if this post seems a bit off. I'm both frustrated and excited and anxious and ... mixed up. Yeah. That's the phrase.

Here, have some inspiration:

" Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."~Eleanor Roosevelt

Go forth and be FEARLESS!

Comments

  1. Great quote!

    I'm just planning to see how long I can write 5000 words a day.

    With luck, my rewrite will be done by the end of the month!

    Can't wait to see what you have in store.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me March is mostly dedicated to preparing to have a baby in early April. But I hope to have time to keep plugging away slowly but surely at my novel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is that this year is flying by so far. February was a blur.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you on finishing it up! Is this the same thing Mamma peaked out when she was still alive? I know she saw something of yours that you wrote... Maybe it was just a short story or something...

    You know, she used to brag about you to me all the time.

    She thought you were an amazing writer, singer and the bit of photography she did see of yours (like when y'all did that shoot for her book), she loved.

    I have to say, I agree. I always have, though.

    You're awesome.

    And I love the quote. That woman was just as incredible as you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great attitude! I agree, new months are always nice ;o)

    Hmm, just revising for me!!

    Love the quotes ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a number of shiny new goals for the month. One of which I'm announcing next Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that quote by Eleanor Roosevelt. My plan for this month is to get up earlier and write. I love me some sleep, but I want to get farther into the novel I'm working on and morning seems to be the best time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts