Twas the Night Before A-Z Challenge...

Late post, I know, but I wanted to get a quick, standard post in before tomorrow. Over 800 people are signed up for the amazing A-Z Challenge happening throughout the month of April (most of you know this because most of YOU make up those astounding numbers!!!)

I've been to some of the challenger's blogs, and it's pretty encouraging to see the various ways people plan to approach the challenge. I've had several ideas, but I think I'm going to stick to something I've been posting about for the past few weeks: boldness. More specifically, being bold in the face of fear, adversity, self-doubt, worry. There are so many things that come at us, that try to discourage us and dissuade us from our calling.

Yes. This writing life IS a calling. No sane person would choose this vocation on their own. That makes us the lucky ones :D

The plan (for now) is to start each post with a word of affirmation that begins with the alphabet-appropriate-letter for the day. After that? Who knows? You guys know how things get around here.

There's always a little madness thrown in for good measure and a healthy dose of fun.

Strap on your writing shoes, kids, and let the countdown to daily posting chaos begin!

PS: I promised Tracy I'd post the recipe to the blueberry-mint muffins. Enjoy!

Recipe from "Summer Herbal Delights" by Noel Richardson

1 1/2 cups fresh (or frozen) blueberries
1/2 cup finely chopped mint
1 cup sunflower seeds (I omitted these and they turned out fine)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk (I had to add a whole cup to get the consistency right, FYI)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg

Preheat oven to 400*F. Grease a muffin tin. Mix together the blueberries, mint and sunflower seeds. In a larger bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and sugar. In another bowl, mix buttermilk, oil and egg together. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and mix until just blended. Fold the blueberry-mint mixture into the batter until just mixed. Spoon into muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on a rack and enjoy :D

PPS: The original recipe uses blackberries. I had blueberries so I improvised! Cheers!

Comments

  1. Oooh, I can't wait to see your A-Z posts! Yay for being bold writers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see you around in the A - Z Challenge.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you in the challenge! And since it is breakfast time here I wish you were handing out those muffins :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, sounds yummy. I'm feeling challenged, and fired up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen! Wow! Those muffins sound delish! Will definitely give them a try.

    Stopping by for A to Z! Looking forward to seeing more from you!

    Cheers-
    Lana D.
    spice_girl_59501@msn.com
    soberchronicfabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see your post. What an unusual recipe. MMM.
    Will be looking at your next post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts