"B" is for Being Bold



Being. Sounds so simple. It's just what we do by being who we are. Simple? No so much. There's so much pressure around us to BE something we're not, to conform to a standard set by "the powers that BE". What to do?

Stand up to the fear of rejection, the fear of failure, the fear of "what if no one likes what I do, gets what I do, relates to what I do". And just BE.

Be yourself.
Be BOLD. Boldness isn't easy. In fact it's down right frightening. Little steps, that's all it takes. Do something every day that scares you. Talk to the clerk at the grocery store, take a different route to work, dye your hair; quit your job, join the Peace Corp, become a literacy volunteer.

Whatever you do, remember who you are. Not in a trite or esoteric kind of way. Seriously. Who were you when the world was new and everything was an adventure? Who were you when people's opinions didn't matter and you ran freely through the wet dirt barefoot without caring who saw you?

Remember the shy teenager that sat in your seat in junior high? Remember the awkward sixteen year old who wanted so desperately to be popular? Who were you then? Who did you feel like you had to hide?

No reason to hide now. Step out.
Be BOLD.
Be FABULOUS.
Be YOU.

And write on!
***

PS: A big HELLO to my new followers and all those stopping over from the A-Z Challenge. Have a great weekend! ~Jen

Comments

  1. Great advice, Jen, love the blog title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! Thanks for stopping in over at my blog! Thought I would return the favor! I love your writing style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice! I've been working on just being me for nearly 43 years now and I don't think it has gotten any easier. As a pastor's wife I have pressures put on me to 'be' like this or 'be' like that. It's a challenge. I'm liking the A-Z Challenge however. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who was I? That's irrelevant because I've changed so much. I used to be much more spontaneous, flexible and open-minded. Somewhere along the way I lost a lot of that. In fact, in the spirit of your "B" post, you might say that I'm decidedly not Bold. In fact, I'm downright Boring.

    I will give some thought to how to be Bold and do something that "scares" me. I think this will be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, today I will be bold and fabulous! Enjoyed your B day post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (= Graet reminder. We all have a genuine self inside--beneath the projections and trappings of the society we live in and the expectations and opinions of others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, this hit home. Exactly what I'm trying to find again, my boldness.
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm careful, but I do take a discreet approach to Boldness. Not overbearing, but I'm in no way as timid as I once was. Bold gets heard.


    Contrary to my usual practice of subscribing to comments, to save time during challenge I will not be doing so during April. If you want to respond to my comment , please email me directly from your email notification for the comment.
    Thanks.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your "B" post because it is a perfect companion to mine! Great minds and all that. I made a video instead of a typical post, but the message was the same "Be yourself and be ok with that." I love this message. Thanks for writing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a terrific post! I love having finally reached a point in my life at which I'm no longer trying to impress everyone. I'm okay with who I am. :)
    Alison Pearce Stevens

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trying to teach my daughter (almost 11yrs old) to be bold. A great way to live ones life!
    I found your blog through the A-Z Challenge.
    gigglelaughcry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent. I feel like I've just had a great pep talk! Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  13. be bold, be fabulous! great advice!

    hello from the A to Z
    http://baygirl32.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very good thoughts on being bold. If the mouse doesn't squeak up he doesn't get the cheese.
    Manzanita
    Wanna buy a duck

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just 'being' does carry something about it that sounds complete. I like your encouraging words at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so so glad high school is over. Now I can go back and write about it as I can change my personality. Make myself bold, daring . . . or at least my characters.

    Thanks for such an inspirational post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, I liked that post. Very nice.

    New follower by way of the A to Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE the positivity in your posts!
    I'm a new follower thanks to the A to Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Jen, I love the "B" Blog...it really touched me because I am working on breaking out of the conformed corporate world. So scary but going to be so worth it. Your words are inspiring! Thank you!

    ~Tracy
    tracyjo11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, wear a red dress! Bold powers it up. Great B, Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts