Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Breathe...

Just breathe.

You're busy. BELIEVE me, I know. I'm swamped over here and will be for at least another two years (possibly longer, depending on how much this degree program dissuades me from graduate school).

Listen. Do you hear it? That's life. Yep. YOUR life. Sometimes it sounds like a breeze on a warm afternoon or the patter of rain on the roof. Right now, mine sounds like the baby birds nesting outside my work-room window (the atelier as I like to call it...all French-like and lovely!)

Take a deep breath...hold it...

Now exhale slowly letting the stress, the tension, the confounded math problems, manuscript edits, crying child or dirty house wash away in the sound of life.

Do you hear it? That's your breath. It's calmer now. You're calmer. And you can face ANYTHING.

Go get 'em, you warrior, you!

11 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! Nice - thanks. I needed that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life sounds like Nick Jr, whining, my heart pounding in my ears, overflowing toilets, dogs barking, the washer thumping, my stomach gurgling, my keyboard clicking, my laptop fan grinding, air in the pool filter, and a JW knocking at the font door.
    Breathe? Okay...
    Wow, that is better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that moment of meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! It's hard to remember to breathe sometimes, what with all the intensity and chaos of my crazy life. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, nice! But enjoy a bit - these really are the good ole days.

    Hey, I gave you a shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I have a stickie on my fridge that says breathe. My six year old daughter reads it, takes a breath and moves on. I, on the other hand, have to move the stickie around otherwise I will stop noticing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just take a nap instead? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good post! Come share your favorite blogs! http://writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you've gotten your second wind and are emptying your plate. But you still found time to stop by...you're such a sweetie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOu know, breathing DOES help. Thx.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello there! Haven't seen you around in a while. How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)