Thursday, July 28, 2011

Birthdays, Courtyards, and PICTURES!

Yesterday was my birthday. I'm 34 years old. I'm not ashamed of it and I don't try hiding it either. As I tell my mother, there's only one alternative to getting older and I'm not quite ready to play that card yet :).

I'm also probably the only woman in the world who got super excited (and a tad bit emotional) when she opened her gifts and found an Atlanta Braves Baseball jersey. With John Smoltz's name and number 29 on the back. Yes, I'm a woman. I love diamonds. Baseball diamonds!



The other two items in the picture are a hilarious Star Wars mock up poster (have I mentioned I'm a Star Wars geek?) and my favorite movie, How to Train Your Dragon. Yep. A kid at heart. Guess that's what keeps me young, lol!

Remember those pictures I promised? Well, here they are! Feast your eyes on our marvelous Mediterranean-esque loft of magnificence!!


This is part of the courtyard and the gate that separates our little peaceful area from the rest of the lofts.


Yes, I'm hopelessly addicted to books. Oh, and see all that marvelous light (something we were in severe shortage of at the other loft)? That's coming from one of the two skylights.


Here is the reason we went through all that headache and chaos of moving 100 feet down from our loft of the giant map encrusted wall: the arched doorway to the kitchen!


One more: the coffee bar. Built in, as is the bench underneath the window in the kitchen and the other, gorgeous shelf you can't see on the wall to the left of the photograph. The shelf with all the mugs hanging from it, my husband built that. He's groovy.

I won't bore you with any more pictures. And, yes, I'll get back to writing about writing. Just easing myself back in the waters and enjoying showing a bit of our new life with you all.

Here's to life!
Be fabulous.
~Jen

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was a good day. Love the look of your loft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    Great pictures--it looks like a really nice place. :) And I love that you have skylights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated happy birthday! And a woman who loves sports - that is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! And, sweet digs!! Love all the light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Stacy! We're really enjoying the new loft. And the birthday-day was awesome! Very relaxed :)

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)