Well...I'm Back


Isn't this gorgeous?!? Sadly, it remained at the garden center, but it reminded me of a taffeta ball gown. A hyacinth I believe.

Good morning, world. How are you? I hope you're feeling fine. It has been far too long since I've sat at my own computer and written about life. Yes. MY computer. After much hoop-la and foo-foo-ra, we have the Internet. At home. I no longer have to pack up everything and launch myself out into the large corporate chain coffee shops in order to do school work and communicate with the world at large. It has been a breath of fresh air, this "working" from home. And now, now, I can blog again.

I never meant to be gone for so long. Is it really almost August? The last time I wrote it was May. I'd quite my job a month prior and yet chaos still reigned in my mind. I was confused, I was battered, and I was exhausted. No rest for the weary, though they say; I was off on a rampage of school reports and engulfed in a literature class that took every ounce of time I wasn't already devoting to a statistics class that threatened to steal my soul. Perhaps you find that an exaggeration. Perhaps you're good at math. I'm an English Major. 'Nuf said.

I made herbal salves and solid perfumes, ate shrimp and grits for the first time and spent a week on Tybee Island. We found foster-dog Grace a new home and my mind cleared out enough rabble to focus on a story or two.

Then, yes, THEN, we moved. Didn't see that one coming, did you? Neither did we. A family moved from a loft 100 feet or so down from ours. We'd never seen it before. It has a courtyard. It's walled in with grape vines growing up one side of the wall, a long neglected picnic table tucked behind ivy vines, and two poorly soiled plots of land that will, with some love and lots of hail Marys may just produce some flowers next Spring. We walked into the loft, turned to the left and saw the kitchen. A brick arch separates it from the living room. It is gorgeous with stone floors and a wide, open eat-in corner under a window complete with built in coffee bar and bench. We had to have it. We signed another year's lease. We moved.

And so, a new adventure begins. We left the wall map of the world for a very Mediterranean courtyard, small, European style loft with a quintessentially Italian-esque kitchen. It isn't perfect (what's perfect?). But it's home. It has separate rooms, not sprawling space with 16 foot ceilings which were, for a time, nice. But the need for cozy begged for something different and here we are. There's creativity here, friends, and I long to tap into it.

I'm back. I've missed each of you. I long to catch up on your lives, your worlds. I have much to learn about new changes in the writing industry, but I'm confident, in time, I'll find myself back up to speed. What speed is that, you may ask? Well, it's a bit slower than before. A little more "stroll" as opposed to "run" or even "jog". A good pace, for sure.

And just as soon as I figure out how this gosh darn new phone uploads pictures, I'll post some of the new place.

Now, your turn. How have you been?

Hugs and chocolate drops,
Jen

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a good time - fun and all. It's summer break here, so I'm enjoying lots of family time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! :)

    It sounds like a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome home!
    We missed you.
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Hope you've been well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, on your comment box it says that you reply via email, but I have to set it up that way? How does one do that? Is it a setting somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather! You know, I'm not sure how to set up your blog to allow responses via email. However, I'm going to take a look at my settings now and then I'll wander over to your blog and let you know what I find out!

    xo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts