Look Around



I look at myself in the mirror.

"I am uninspired," I say. "I cannot write."

My reflection stares back at me, quizzical. "Of course you can write! You've got two hands and a keyboard, fingers and a pen, right?"

I roll my eyes. "Fine. I have nothing to write about."

My reflection sighs, looks around. "You have everything to write about." Whispering, she leans closer, as if privy to some cosmic secret. "Look around."

The shifting light of an approaching storm.
The stark contrast of green leaf against grey sky.
Coffee-the taste, the smell, the feel.
The cup from which said coffee is enjoyed.
Another shift in light. Another movement of grey on grey.

Out of the window I see changing season and patterns in the wind.

Out the window.
My kitchen window.
Even that is a source of inspiration.

If only I open my eyes...

...and look around.

Comments

  1. You have a magical mirror. And, that window. mmm. I think it's a cousin to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love this post. It is amazing what you can see when you do just open....your eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's the simple things that can move us to write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is lovely. AND inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, guys! It always humbles me and makes me smile when people say something I wrote inspires them.

    Happy day! Now GO and be FABULOUS!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts