It's five 'til noon so I can still, technically wish you a good morning! And for those of you wondering, yes, it's still fabulously fall-ish here.
SO! On to the important stuff:
NEWS (you can use):
* I've recently discovered two sites that challenge you to write micro fiction. This is easy for some, hard for others (namely me). At Six Sentences, the challenge is to write a story in six sentences. Pretty self explanatory. Smith Magazine has a page devoted to six word memoirs. Tell them about your life in just six words. I don't plan on posting mine, but it is a good challenge to keeping my ideas concise and avoid run-on sentences :)
* J.A. Konrath has a blog that helps writers stick to their writing guns. He has this to say in his "About Me" section: "There's a word for a writer who never gives up-published". He's pretty hard nosed in his opinions and I like that. Tell it like it is; don't sugar coat it for me. I can take it. Really.....*gulp*
* Love books? Of course you do. Want another reason to do ANYTHING except write YOUR book? Check out Book Reporter. It's packed with reviews of book from every genre. I just spent half an hour on it myself. See? Time suck!!
* I am one! But you all knew that.
* If you too are a nerd, you may find The Nerdist pretty funny. These guys blog about all things nerdy. And, if you're so inclined, they even have a podcast. It's funny, but make sure you listen when the small people of impressionable nature in your house are not in the room :)
*Yes, the word "narwals" does require that many exclamation points. I'm addicted to this strange and wondrous creature. And it does exist! I've had to convince people that narwhals are real *cough*myhusband*cough
Here's a little something to show you how addicted I am to narwhals:
My Cell Phone Case!
I found the original pattern in Mollie Makes Magazine. Oh my heck, if you haven't seen this magazine, you must, MUST find it!! It's a British magazine (of course...ALL the magazines I read are British) and it's not found just anywhere but it's worth the hunt. Just in case you can't find it, here's the LINK. Yippee!!
Have a fabulous, fabulous day! Enjoy the linkage and please, don't blame me if you end up wandering through them instead of writing :D
Good morning! I've got a very special treat for you today. A fellow author has released her very first book! Yes, this call...
Writing in the Summer is a derelict house in desperate need of repair. It sits and crumbles as the wind and waves encroach. Sand sifts in ...
How's your week going? Things are quieter around here for me. The cleaning is over (for now) and I even tackled the kitchen. The spirit ...
I'm a Summer child, a beach bum, a water baby. The Winter is beautiful but it and I have a long-held animosity towards one another, es...
The weather was perfect, not too hot, with a nice breeze helped along by the two fans behind me. The tea was cold and the flies wouldn'...