The List



I created a list a thousand years ago.

Or so it seems.

Can't really remember why. Something I read perhaps? A spark, an ember of an idea from some brilliant soul.

Whatever the reason, it started and grew and grew some more until the folder which it inhabits is bent and burgeoning with paper guts peaking out from all corners.
My Master List I call it. Snatches of ideas. Words. Phrases. Memories. Colors. Constellations of ideas there and waiting for my imagination to connect the dots, form the pictures.

Write every day, the experts admonish. A novel, a poem, a half remembered dream?
Matters not, they cry, so long as you write. And so I created a list, a thousand lines long.

Or so it seems.

And for a while, yes a long while, I have fodder enough.

Comments

  1. Such a great way to fulfill the write every day rule! I'm totally going to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I have lists and they lie all over my house. My husband showed me a list he made in the middle of the night, so he wouldn't forget something. It said, "Yesterday, today, tomorrow". Made no sense to either of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your posts! I have that same list except it is spread out in like 5 locations. :-) I will have to get a big old folder & bust it seams. The thought of that...makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had such a folder. I write every day, but it's in blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post - just like a poem.

    I don't have a list per se. It's more in my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need a folder too. All I have right now is paper guts all over my office. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts