Random Post!

See? At least I warned you. Don't worry, you'll thank me later.

This week has been crazy!! You'd think composing a speech that has to be less than two minutes long would be easy. Ha! I say. It's an elevator speech. Apparently everyone needs one. People compose them for businesses, causes, even book pitches. I thought about doing the last one, you know, considering I'm a writer. But honestly, I couldn't figure out the best way to describe my book! I've been working on the darn thing for over TEN YEARS and I can't figure out how to describe it to a total stranger in less than two minutes. Am I a wuss for not fighting through it? Maybe. I decided to do something a bit easier. It's a business idea I'm working on. It allows me to be sarcastic and witty. I wield those swords well so I decided to go with that.

This weekend some friends are getting married and my husband is the photographer. I usually assist him (read: carry equipment and hold reflectors when necessary). It will be fun, but tiring so I've spent the week doing school work so I wouldn't have to worry about it this weekend. Hence the "no blogging" zone this place has been. Double hence the "no visiting" blogger I've been. Oh well. Next week is another week, right?

Happy weekend to all! Get out there, be fabulous, write your hearts out! And remember to have fun :D

xo Jen

Comments

  1. Try condensing it into five lines - that's tough!
    Hope you get some reward for your efforts this weekend, like a free piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when we get so deep into our own books...it is hard to sum it up in a few words! It is so nice that you help the hubby. I just started my own photography business and always wish that I had someone there to help. Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those elevator speeches are tough. Like writing a mission statement. Every word counts. I'm pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen - hope holding those reflectors was fun - and there's always another week! Looking forward to catching up with you soon
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey love...glad I found this blog of yours! Hope you are doing well and getting lots of homework done. ;) Hope your hubby's photography goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts