Happy Thanksgiving

Amazing how the busiest week of this term coincides with Thanksgiving. Oh, and finals week? That just happens to fall on the same week as Christmas. Perhaps there's a group of professors sitting around remembering when they were forced to work during the holidays and think everyone should do the same. You know, build character and all that. When I'm a professor, I'll make sure to give light loads during the holidays. Unless my students are punks. Then vengeance shall be sweet.

In other news, we're hosting Thanksgiving at the Manor tomorrow. I've never hosted Thanksgiving but I've wanted to forever. This should be fun. We're having family and friends over, nice mix of personalities. Our town does a tree lighting on Main Street every year on Thanksgiving night so we'll all troop over to Ye Olde Tree Lighting Ceremony, sip hot chocolate and then mosey (Yes, in Hampton we mosey. Not walk, stroll, or canter. Mosey.) back to the Manor for turkey, dressing and all the other fabulous dishes that make up a Thanksgiving feast. It will definitely be writeable about.

I wish you all a fantabulous Thanksgiving. Blessings upon you and yours. May your homes and bellies be full and may you survive Black Friday shopping with little to no permanent scaring.

Gobble, gobble!
Jen

PS: Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to everyone who has continued reading my measly little posts. I'm really looking forward to my two week break next month. Perhaps then I can catch up on some much needed blog visiting!!!

Comments

  1. Your Thanksgiving sounds like fun. Can I join you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving! The tree lighting sounds wonderful and I love the word - mosey. :-) Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy indulgences to you! Sounds wonderful. I can't get to every blog, either. I need a visiting schedule.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts