No-NaNo-November and a bit o' fun!

I've officially dubbed this month "No-NaNo-November" *cue confetti*. Huzzah! Instead of writing frantically all month with the world cheering me on to victory, I'm writing frantically all month with only a professor cheering me on to victory. And I'm finding the encouragement from said professor far more moving than an entire world of NaNoers. That's saying something! If you've ever participated in the great NaNo, you know that having all those people behind you (even if it's just the knowledge that thousands of people are doing exactly what you're doing at the same time you're doing) is awe inspiring. It makes you want to write. It makes you want to finish.

But to have someone who is doing what I want to do (teach Creative Writing at a college level, making a living and a life with words) to tell me "WOW! You've got some great stuff here!" really urges me on to my desk even when my fingers are callused and the last thing I want to do is stare at the computer screen for one...more...day.

All you Nanoers out there, write on!! I'm cheering for you from my little nook in Georgia while I pound out my first ever writer's portfolio, write nonsense daily for a stream of consciousness exercise, research Poe's life in relation to the House of Usher falling and dredging up some shorts for my portfolio and a writer's competition at the school. What you're doing is amazing, astounding and I miss being in the thick of a 50,000 word mad dash with you this year!

As for that bit of fun, I bought one of those cinnamon brooms last night. I love cinnamon brooms. I think it must be some magic spell they cast on these spindly little witches implements that makes them smell like home for sixty two days or more. And speaking of witches and magic and spells and all that fun stuff (that by no means is put away in our house after Halloween) I give you this:


"Nimbus 2011 *holiday edition*"

Yes, friends, I bought that from Diagon Alley last night and I can't wait to take it for a spin.

Ok. So it was Ingles, but a girl can dream, can't she? Besides, it looks fun tacked to our random post in the middle of the floor:



Have a wonderful week, enjoy yourselves, rock that NaNo and remember to be fabulous!
Jen

Comments

  1. I love the smell of cinnamon. :)

    Awesome broomstick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're very busy! So awesome that your professor is cheering you on! And now I need to buy a cinnamon broom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're getting such great feedback. I want to say, Of course, you are! Write on! Dream on! and enjoy your new Nibus.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts