Monday, January 30, 2012

mellow monday musings

Happy Monday!

This weekend was strange. I had nothing to do! Well, nothing required of me. Since November I've been swamped with school work and the usual holiday commitments. This school term has been so light in comparison to last term, I am finished with my work by Wednesday each week. Trust me when I say that is a wonderful surprise! Last term I was doing work until Sunday of every week!

Saturday was a nice daze. I worked on some jewelry making, something I haven't done in almost six months. Then I spent the evening making candles while watching The Discovery Channel. Something about a family in the Alaskan wilderness who herd cattle and hunt bears. Brrr! I needed an extra sweater after that. Of course, watching something like that while making candles makes your mind wander. I kept thinking, "What if I was making these because I HAD to and not because I WANTED to?" Don't take anything for granted, kids!

And yesterday I actually got some writing accomplished! I wasn't writing about writing as my school work has dictated. I sat down and sketched out a story. AND I wrote about five pages in an edit I'm working on. Ahhh. Accomplishment!

Now, it's back to the old grind, figuring out the classes I need to complete my degree, printing out math problems (bleck!) and deciding what to write my end of term paper on in my Linguistics class.

How was your weekend? Do anything fun? Out of the ordinary? Nothing at all?

8 comments:

  1. Yay for a weekend of accomplishments! And I've heard about that Alaska show--I need to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never liked math.
    I had a rather full weekend. Didn't work on my next manuscript but completed numerous upcoming guest posts. So I guess that's something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect weekend! Mine was spent watching my son play basketball and doing some reading for a crit partner. I have no complaints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a great weekend. :)

    I didn't do much; just read and worked on a few unfinished projects, mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a busy wkend. On Sat., we went to my neurologist and I rec'd 38 botox shots for my migraines. A world of pain, almost threw up. Then we went to see "The Grey", which has Liam Neeson. Love Liam, not the wolves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been a slug lately and not being very productive. I find myself on the couch watching crap on TV far too often lately. Not a good thing and definitely not productive like you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got to do some things that you like then.

    We watch with wonder at some of those shows on Alaska as well. Whether they are gold mining, flying airplanes, or chasing bad guys, the vastness of that place is difficult to conceptualize.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meredith: It was really good to do something other than school work. I think I could get used to weekends like this one!

    Alex: Math and I have never gotten along. Thankfully, in four more weeks, I'll never have to look at another math book again! Unless I choose to...which I won't.

    Susan M.: Sounds like a good weekend. Any weekend we can say we have no complaints is a good weekend in my book :D

    Golden: Catch up weekends are good too. It's nice to start a fresh week with a clean slate :D

    Susan K.: Ugh. Sorry to hear about the migraines and the shots. I do hope you're feeling better! How was "The Grey"? I love Liam Neeson and the previews for that look amazing.

    Lin: Sometimes you need to be a slug. Heaven knows if I didn't have the old drill sergeant of school hounding my every step I'd be a terrible slug! Especially with all those Alaska shows on...

    Slamdunk: Thanks! yes, all the shows based in Alaska are awe inspiring. It's good to know there's still some rugged frontier out there. If I ever feel the need to get back to the land, I can trek up there and kill a bear or something :D Hmmm...that could be some good research...

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)