a quiet post

So.

I totally dropped the ball yesterday. I didn't get any comments or reading or writing or posting or, well, anything done other than school work and helping my mom out at her house. But, hey, sometimes you have to let life get in the way! After all, if we don't live, what on earth will we write about?

I have nothing to say today. Nothing profound to drop on you or incite your imaginations into an uproar.

I'll leave that to one who said it best, who trumps just about everyone I've ever read in the inspiration department.

Feast. Enjoy. And write on.

Lightly men talk of saying what they mean […] When the time comes to you at which you will be forced at last to utter the speech which has lain at the center of your soul for years, which you have, all that time, idiot-like, been saying over and over, you’ll not talk about joy of words. I saw well why the gods do not speak openly, nor let us answer. Till that need can be dug out of us, why should they hear the babble that we think we mean? How can they meet us face to face till we have faces?

----C.S. Lewis, Till We Have Faces

Comments

  1. Haha, doing school work and helping your mom--where are your priorities? :) Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You needed to live a little. You're right. Life gives us something to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did fine with profound today--CS Lewis will always make one think.

    I am not sure if I ever have anything profound to say, just blogging gives me an outlet--when the family just looks at me and yawns...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lewis was a wise man. And you visited me today, so don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. C.S. Lewis was brilliant. I have not read that book. Now I must. Profound or not, you wrote today. That counts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get the feeling fiction would be pretty boring if we all sat in front of computers for the whole day. :P It's true, writers have to live!

    Great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we need more of those guilt-free computer-free days. I for one, am taking more of them. I just wish I was more guilt-free about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that quote. Sometimes it's best to be quiet and just . . . think. And breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quote! And sometimes it happens. I have many, many days where I don't get a good post up or any blogs visited. Life is frantic sometimes:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meredith: I know, I'm such a terrible person :D

    Mary: That's my consolation. I'm bad about beating myself up. But if we don't live, what will we write about?

    Slam Dunk: Thanks for stopping by and thanks for finding the post profound. I'm certain that's all thanks to Lewis! Yes, blogging is an excellent outlet, for when you need to be heard or just to let out what's been hounding you.

    Alex: Thanks :D Indeed, Lewis is a huge inspiration to me...although a bit intimidating!

    Susan: Thank you! You're right. No matter what, I wrote. Yes, you must read that book if you enjoy Lewis. It's not one many people I know enjoyed but I loved it...probably because I love mythology. Let me know what you think!

    Golden: Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the quote. Without a little living our writing would be dull indeed :D

    Lin: Right there with you! We need the freedom (mostly from ourselves...bloggers are pretty understanding) to step away from the computer and do something unplugged for a while. Now, to get that self permission!

    Talli: I agree. If I don't have that downtime, my writing, my everything, really suffers.

    Lindsay: Thanks for stopping by! Yes, more often than not, life tends to get in the way of our best laid plans. But life is beautiful and the best writers experience all of life: the ups, the downs, and the inbetweens :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts