Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bizarre Happenings on a Rainy Day

Ok.

So I want to get my food blog back up and running. I've been reading an AMAZING book by Dianne Jacob called Will Write for Food (visit her blog HERE) and I'm pumped and ready to go! This book is not just a great food writing resource. It's loaded with tips on writing memoir and book proposals that any writer will find useful. And if you suddenly get inspired to cook asparagus and write about it, well, you'll be well equipped.

On to the bizarre.

Having decided to reanimate my food blog, I thought, "Hey, I'll create a NEW one with the blog title as the blog address instead of my name!" Great idea. Yeah. Onto Blogger I go and...

...um...

what the FRACK?

Apparently there's a new Blogger format out there and apparently I have NO IDEA on this earth or any of the others that make up this ten dimensional universe how to navigate it. I was lost, abandoned, chewing the souls of my shoes for nourishment as I scavenged a beach of broken food blogger dreams!

Over dramatic, yes, but you get the idea. I'd already started a whole new blog account. I have the address AND a new email account. I figured it would be easier to find if you could just Google the blog name instead of mine.

Apparently I was wrong about my Internet navigating abilities.

So, that said, here's what I did. I went back to Ye Olde Blog Homestead and updated it. Culinary Vagabonding is slowly but surely getting back on its feet. For any of you who remember that blog, it was an experiment in cooking my way around the world. That idea and passion has not left me. What I lacked was focus and it's here, finally, just waiting for a bit more tweaking on my part.

What does this have to do with you? Everything! Well, everything, that is, if you want to read about food. Yes, I'll still be here, as always, writing about writing (or whatever it is I do here). Soon, and I'll let you know when, I'll also be blogging at Culinary Vagabonding and I'd love for you ALL to join me over there. I'll still be writing YA dark fantasy and horror. That's what this mad house is for! I simply cannot turn away from my other passions - food and travel.

Wander over if you will. Don't judge too harshly. Know that once it's up and running, I'll let you all know! Heck, I may even throw a party.

There will be chocolate.

And coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.

I'm not afraid to bribe.

9 comments:

  1. Followed. I'll follow anyone whose shoes have souls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well as long as you got something to work, it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm heading over. I love to be bribed but bread works best. Just in case you need to know sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate and coffee...I'm in! :-) I love following food blogs. Heading over to become your next follower. Bon Appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So glad to know that Culinary Vagabonding will be back. Let me know if you need help with the South African dishes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So excited to see that blog start up again--you're going to inspire me to actually cook something. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower via the A-Z challenge...and now I might just have to go check out your new blog. Because, hello, food and offers of coffee and chocolate? Yes. Yes, I think so. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)