Friday, February 10, 2012

head cold and freezing

Happy Friday! Two of the most marvelous words in the English language, aren't they? I hope everyone has had a wonderful and productive week. I have had a bizarre week, one that is now fizzling out with a tremendously annoying head cold while the weather is going from unseasonably warm to frigid. Georgia weather. BAH!

I haven't responded to anyone's comments. Shame on me! (Ugh. Bah! Grumble...)

I haven't done any writing! (Humbug! Gripe...cuss....)

BUT

I appreciate all of your comments about my current frustrations regarding my WIP. You've all suggested I run it by another set of eyes. Which I did. And BOY did that help things! Actually, I ran it through another brain (I have that power, you know). I told my husband what was going on with the story, where it needed to go in order to flow. All I needed was the beginning. And so, in his usual calm, level-headed wisdom, suggested something which blew the lid off my problem. Seriously. It was like, "Well, duh! How DID you not see THAT solution!"

And so, I have a starting point. Huzzah!

Now if I could just get over this dratted head cold (grumble, complain, bicker, groan....)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'll be back to posting and reading and commenting next week. Cross my heart :D

10 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better quickly! Yuck. So glad you found a new starting point. Take of you, eat some chicken noodle soup and cozy up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your cold! But glad your husband gave you a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a perfect beginning! Husbands are good like that.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon. Sometimes we can't see the solutions because we're too close to the project; it often takes a new pair of eyes. My husband is also a great sounding board and always helps solve my problems when my story stalls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A journey of 1000 miles starts with one step...sometimes the first words are harder to start than the whole book. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how a different perspective is sometimes all you need. I hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better soon!

    Hoorah for having a starting point. :)

    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for a good starting point! Congrats! I hope you have a healing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jen. Just dropping in as an Origins Blogfest co-host, and am now your newest follower. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy: Thanks! I'm feeling much better today!

    Alex: Thanks! He's a great re-starting point and channel for my ideas. I'm thankful :)

    S.P.: Thanks, Sara!

    Angeline: I agree. I'm always too close to my projects and I always find help from having another set of eyes.

    Susan: Thanks for the inspiration! As soon as I take this first step, I'm positive I can carry it all the way!

    Sarah: Thanks! I'm feeling much better and I'm ready to dive into that new perspective!

    Golden: Thanks :D I'm feeling much better and ready to tackling that new slant!

    Meredith: Thanks so much! The weekend really helped :D

    Matthew: Thank you so much for dropping in and following! Very nice to meet you too! PS: Enjoying the blogfest so far!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)