a weekend in review, some WIP ramblings, and a really awesome poster

Good morning Monday! I hope you are all doing fabulous. Me, I'm a bit tired, but that's to be expected. I was up stupid early on Thursday (as you all read about HERE); then my husband went out of town Friday night and I never sleep well when he's gone. I ended up on the couch all night letting "How to Train Your Dragon" play on loop. Sadly, I didn't dream about dragons, but my cat waited until 5:30 to perch on the arm of the couch and ask for breakfast. He's learning. The rest of the weekend found me hunched over my math book (bleck), wandering through a new local produce market (huzzah!) and creating a cafe at home (groovy!). In other words, it was a good weekend and I kind of hated to see it go.

BUT: another week, another opportunity to pound out some words, wander down a few more rabbit trails and accomplish,you know, SOMETHING :).

Did you do anything exciting this weekend? Or was it a nice, relaxing few days with nothing eventful whatsoever? I like those kind too :)

Another question: what do you do when you have a story you believe in 100%, that you've been working on (off and on again) for about 10 years, that just simply REFUSES to give you an open door? In other words, this trilogy of mine has been written and rewritten three times. I love it. I believe in it. I just can't figure out how to go about starting it! It's so frustrating! I've walked away from it so many times, come back, rewrite the first few chapters and - it just doesn't work. I wish I knew what to do.

Maybe I'll try meditation.

And now, here's a neat little poster my husband found (not sure where). Consider it inspiration to blow all your reservations out of the water, chase away those self doubts and give "but what will THEY think about it" a good swift kick in the pants. Cheers!

Comments

  1. Love the poster! How many of those things do we all bow to? Most I expect.

    I love easy weekends of nothingness. Unfortunately, I was working this weekend, but I get to relax now when the kids are at school :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I identify way too much with that poster. Great way to change perspective! Glad you had a lovely weekend--yay for another productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah, sorry about the trilogy. I hate beginnings. It can be so hard to find the right spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beginnings are the worst! Have you run the trilogy past a couple critique partners? Maybe a fresh view might churn up some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can just see your kitty waking you for breakfast.

    Has anyone read your trilogy or have you hashed it over with anybody. Sometimes just that can get things moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great poster. :)

    I hope you find the solution for your trilogy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to that poster.

    Have you tried to outline your trilogy? I used to be a pantser but did better as a plotter.

    I had a fantastic, but busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a good weekend! Have you tried giving your story to beta readers or critique partners? My writing supporters always help my creative juices to get going and find that 'missing link':) Looking forward to your post for the origins blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I struggled with the beginning of one of my novels, too. I ended up sharing it with someone I trusted to be objective, which did the trick for me and then I was able to hear how my characters wanted the story to begin. Your idea about meditating on it sounds good to me, as well. LOVE this poster and I'm stealing it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts