Wandering Wednesday

Good afternoon all! I've been doing research all day; that's why I'm a bit later than usual in the posting. Researching some nonfiction ideas, not that pesky research paper that's due next week in my English class (humbug!).

First off, a BIG, HAPPY HELLO to all my new followers! So sorry I've not gotten around to visiting each and every new visitor's and follower's blogs yet. As I said, research has been eating at my time. Oh, and I'm still reading entries to the Origin's Blogfest from Monday. I naively thought I'd be able to get through all 200+ entries. HA! I'm doing good to hit the 30 I'll end up with once I finish reading the links currently opened on my browser. I met so many interesting and wonderful new bloggers through this blogfest and I'm so happy to have a few of them along for this wild and crazy ride (also known as my blog).

While I haven't done much writing these past few days, I have been doing an exorbitant amount of BAKING. Yes. Baking. I've made cookies and herb baguettes and last night I made corn chips! Seriously. Heat up some corn oil to 360*, cut corn tortillas into fourths and fry those puppies until they're nice and golden brown. Drain on paper towels, sprinkle with salt and pepper and viola! Homemade corn chips! And what writer doesn't need the ability to make their snack addictions from scratch? Now, if I could just grow coffee beans in my courtyard...

How has your week been so far? Any writing to speak of? Baking? What pursuits do you enjoy outside of writing? Do you own your own coffee plantation? If so, I'm interested in working for you. You can pay me in anything but French Roast.

Comments

  1. Herb baguettes sound delightful! Have you ever tried making corn chips, sprinkling them with sugar and cinnamon and using a fruit salsa? Very nummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming to your house for snacks!
    I've visited about a hundred and fifty so far, but it will take me the rest of the week to get through the Origins posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have my own beans, but Starbucks sells Casi Cielo this time of year--it's to DIE FOR. Well worth the price tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bread freak (just had two slices of toast, yum) so those baguettes sound divine.

    Let's go in together on that coffee plantation!

    Hope your research yields great results. I'm up to my eyeballs in stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corn chips...nummy!! I hear you about the blogfest. I always think I am going to be able to hit so many more than I do. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts