Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Motivation

Good afternoon. I wish I could type "good morning" but, alas, I have gotten up late...again.

Motivation. That's what I need. Serendipitously that's the second half of the title of my Monday posts :D. I'm not really feeling that motivated this morning. I've been trying and trying to figure out how to remedy this, thinking and thinking about what I could type in this post. And the only thing that comes to mind is this:

YOU MUST DO THE THING YOU THINK YOU CANNOT DO ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Dear readers, I am in a quandary. I'm lost. Seriously. How does one let the hours slip past and have nothing to show for it? My days tend to pile up on one another and before I know it, it's NEXT Monday and I still haven't crossed off what needs to be done for THIS Monday.

Ugh.

School takes precedence (I have definite due dates for the work there and, let's face it, I've always been a bit Hermione when it comes to grades and school work). Other than that, it seems my brain goes into dufus mode and I'm wandering about singing "lalalala" while the smarter part of my brain is yelling at me to get the house cleaned/the cat box emptied/dinner thawed/the library books read/etc...etc...etc...


image source HERE

Yul Brynner jokes aside, I'm going to have to take a page out of my own motivational mantras this morning. What do I think I cannot do? Get my days together and, as a result, my act! I know, I have no excuses. CFS causes the brain fog and the confusion and the going round in circles (seriously...there are times when I find myself wandering around the living room in a daze...kind of funny...). But I KNOW this and therefore it is MY responsibility to make it right.

And SO.

I will not be active in the blogsphere this week. I've got to remedy this situation before any more of this potentially fabulous year drifts by! No, I'm not out to work myself ragged. I'm not talking about being foolish. I am, however, talking about getting myself in order, not being lazy just because it's convenient and excelling in areas where I've allowed myself to just scrape by.

No more Mrs. Nice Guy! Look out week! Here I come!

Have an awesome, productive week everyone! I'll see you all back HERE on the 19th. Oh, and Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Cheers,
Jen xo

8 comments:

  1. Hope you accomplish a lot!
    And I don't think you're a dufus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful quote to live your life by! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm distracted by the photo of Yul, and what a funny name. I'm in the mood to watch "The King and I" now. Oh, and do the thing I think I can't do. Weee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful, productive week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really remember what you wrote in the post, as I was star-struck by Yul Brynner. My first real lust crush as a teenager, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are never enough hours in the day. Sigh. I hope you get it all done so that you can go back to daydreaming or doing the fun stuff again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you accomplish all that you want to. See you next week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I hope you accomplish a lot! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)