Friday, June 8, 2012

Picking up After Yesterday

I fell asleep last night before I could
Put yesterday back in its place.
Magazines and books and cups all clamoring for my attention;
Yesterday is still there on the floor.

There are clothes that forgot to be folded,
Dishes that forgot to be washed;
Cushions still outside from conversations,
Even the cat is in the same place - on the table, in front of the window.

Little fragments of yesterday
Surround like spots of life
- my life -
They become my today as I smile and slowly reclaim
Yesterday from off the floor.

__________

Happy weekend everybody!
I hope you have a safe and wonderful few days.
And remember: even a mess can turn into a piece of writing :D Inspiration is everywhere. Now go and find it!

6 comments:

  1. Doesn't surprise me the cat hasn't moved! Have a great weekend, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I love it! This is most of my mornings. :) Happy Friday, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved this! Happy weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been rearranging yesterday here, too.
    Dog toys, flowers, and yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely-- many of my yesterdays are strewn around the house right now... but I'm okay with it. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)