good morning and good morning

I'm sitting here this morning watching a tiny sparrow eat a mound of bird seed. She's out there every morning, rain or shine. My mornings have been a bit hectic these past few months...OK, since January, but I've tried to sit outside for at least an hour, breathe in a new day, and ease my way into that new day with tea or coffee.

This morning is different.

THIS morning begins two and a half weeks of not having to worry about school work deadlines!

For eight months I've been committed to school work. Term papers, discussion boards, weekly papers (sometimes four a week!), research, etc. I enjoy it. I truly do. But...whew! Talk about a welcome break. And this, of course, is not to even mention the packing and moving and unpacking and trying to settle into a new home (which now requires yard work -blissful yard work!)

I've neglected you, dear readers, but you have been ever on my mind. Summer is always a busy time and I'm thankful that for the last two and a half weeks of it, I can revel in the lazy humidity, the sudden storms, and the early mornings when that tiny bird is standing next to a pile of bird food twice her size.

And I can do all of that without a term paper deadline looming over me! Look for me in your comments soon! Also, thank you all for continuing to read my sporadic posts. I feel I should have hung a sign over my posts that says, "Please mind the gap"! Those posts should get less sporadic and, hopefully, more focused. Plus, with September looming and my favorite time of year just around the corner, I'm sure there's a redecorating in order. The name of the blog shall remain the same of course, but I'm getting itchy fingers when I think of the design. You know me: any excuse to spruce things up and I'm there!

Huzzah for summer break!

Hey, better late than never :)

Cheers!
Jen

Comments

  1. Enjoy your break! Give your mind a rest. And they always say birds eat twice their weight every day. Of course, they don't weigh much. Hollow bones and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy those two weeks of no deadlines! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for no deadlines! Have fun working in the yard and relaxing--you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen. Nice to see you sporatically or regularly. I see you aren't living in a 100 year old loft anymore. What a change that must be. Enjoy your break. Breathe. And, get you hands dirty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh... breathing easy for a while! Enjoy your much-deserved break! Go write something for fun!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a great time during those two weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love breaks. Have a wonderful one.


    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
  8. REmember: Breaks are only real, if you absolutely enjoy yourself. No grading papers, etc.

    ReplyDelete

  9. its such a nice blog to provides info
    hope more people discover your blog because you really know what you’re talking about. Can’t wait to read more from you!
    for more plz visit
    Debt management plan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jen,

    Oh, I am so happy for you that you get bit of a break! You are working so hard. All that research and writing will pay off though, as will finishing up your degree.

    Thanks so much for stopping by to see me, I appreciate it very much.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts