Hello Wednesday, how did you get here?

Have you ever had a week day sneak up on you? Better yet, have you ever felt stuck in a replay of "Groundhog Day"? I was called into work yesterday, a last minute thing, and my week has again been thwarted! Since Christmas my work schedule has been funky. I honestly don't know what day it is! Normally, I work Wednesday and Friday and when you throw in an extra day, my brain is like, "HUH? Where am I?"

Of course, my brain is usually like that...this just makes it worse.

That said, I haven't had a chance to visit your writing. Apologies. I shall pick up tomorrow (hopefully) as long as there are no more phone calls in the night.

THANK YOU all so much for your encouraging words on my last post. Three days into this new eating and I feel as though I've been deprived of everything! And that's a frightening feeling. There are moments when I feel out of control and others when I feel, oddly, claustrophobic. Who knew that not being able to just go dip into the pantry whenever I please could make me feel claustrophobic? And that makes me curious: am I a slave to food?

Food addiction. Now there's an interesting topic. I never noticed how much my comfort depended upon certain types of food. I'm not really hungry all the time; I'm just used to eating whatever I want whenever I want it. This is definitely a learning process.

Those of you who have given up foods, either for good or for a short time, what was the hardest part for you? Not necessarily the hardest foods to give up. I think we determined those were cheese and wine (is wine a food?) :)

It's a growing process, friends! Thank you for the encouragement and the cheers. and if anyone wants to smuggle me a piece of cheese, I'll love you forever and a day...wait, who's typing this??? Aaaaahhhh!!










PS: Over at the book blog, I'm talking about book club selections and reading books blindly given...oh, and I've posited a bit of a design question...

Comments

  1. Wine is indeed a food.
    I don't eat beef. Wasn't too difficult once I just used to making turkey burgers instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Indeed it is! For the soul :)
      I will hopefully never have to give up red meat but turkey burgers are delicious! I think I just love meat...

      Delete
  2. It takes a while, but it stops and you feel better for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey now... I saw that tiny bit at the end and I'll now be on the lookout for any and all cheeses entering the house. And as a good husband, I shall consume every last bit of them (all to make you feel better of course). ;p
    It will get easier and your food horizons will expand by leaps and bounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Of course you'll consume all the cheese that enters the house. What a good guy you are! Thank you for your self-less sacrifice.

      Delete
  4. Nods head to answer question "Is wine food?" Haha! Just hopping over from Writer's Alley. Thanks, again, for signing up for my CREED. Following you now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, just noticed you have a writing blog, too. Hop, hop, hop...

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Sheri! I am happy to see you at both blogs :) Welcome!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts