Monday, January 13, 2014

I'm going on an adventure!

original photo HERE. PS: This entire article is a fun read :)

Alas, no, I'm not going to Middle Earth, New Zealand nor, sadly am I embarking on a quest with Thorin Oakenshield to help reclaim the Dwarf kingdom of Erebor from the vicious Smaug. *sigh*

Over the past 10 years I've dealt with some annoying health issues. Loads of research (and mounds of frustration later), I've decided to tackle a long-term detox diet as well as adopt some other, alternative health methods to try and get myself back on track. Sounds like fun, eh?

I'm not going to bombard you with information or gory details (unless you WANT that) but I will, from time to time, post about what I'm doing, what's working, what isn't, any progress I make, and, if you're interested, some of the new recipes I'll be trying. No militant health food junkie here, folks, I promise! Just me trying to make things right so that the next 36 years of my life will be more energetic (and less painful and tiresome) than that last.

Huzzah for adventures! Even if they mean no chocolate, wine, or cheese for six...long...months.

Is it too late to sign up for that trip to Erebor?


14 comments:

  1. Good luck with the detox. Cheese would be the most difficult for me to give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. Cheese has been the toughest for me! Ugh.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! It's not forever, just for a few months but boy is it a challenge!

      Delete
  3. I'm with Alex. No cheese, no go. And wine. So hat's off to you, girl, and we'll be looking forward to your progress. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's hard (read: excruciating) but I know it's not forever. I'm definitely learning a lot about myself!

      Delete
  4. Years ago I had to give up a number of marvelous foods (migraines). You can do it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! It's not a forever thing, but it sure is tough. I admire anyone who does this with the determination to never eat certain foods again!

      Delete
  5. I've given up a few things too and now, when I eat them, I really pay for it. I think you don't realize how poorly you feel until you make changes.

    The wine would be the worst for me. I can live without dairy and chocolate...but not wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lin. The cheese and bread have been hardest for me so far. I had no idea how much of each i ate on a daily basis!

      Delete
  6. I can be done but it will take 6 months before you stop craving things, did it and detoxed the crap out of myself, still a ways to go and its been 15 months, a process

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat! I have a friend who did this for 8 months. Thankfully, I have watched her progress and I can fortify myself knowing that it's not forever but it's definitely for the best! Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  7. Sending you positive thoughts! I've been on that same journey, slowly. It's been interesting and hard for me changing habits but I definitely do feel better overall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy. It is definitely a habit changer. I had no idea! Here I was thinking, change a few foods, detox, feel better. HA! It's a learning process, for sure!

      Delete

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)