Something Wicked This Way Comes

It's coming.

The wind shifts mid-month and a chill creeps through the window.

The window you THOUGH you'd closed up tight.

Should I? You ask yourself. Or shouldn't I?

The choice is yours, to let It in or let it pass.

Either way, It's THERE, seeping into your consciousness and haunting your normally placid life. If you say "no", It taunts you from the bushes, nips at your heels and calls your name, unbidden, in the night.

If you say "yes", well, It's relentless.

Your days, your nights, suddenly fill with the clacking; your eyes go bloodshot; your fingers ache. You'll wake, drenched in sweat, wondering if you'll make it, wondering if you should bow out.

But you won't.

You can't.

Gird your loins, Dear Writer, and sharpen your wits.

IT'S ALMOST HERE...

NANOWRIMO COMETH!!!


Happy Halloween, Dear Reader! Don't let NaNoWriMo fool you. It looks unsuspecting but inside beats the heart of a beast. A frumious bandersnatch! Stay strong, fellow Wrimos. Stay strong!



Comments

  1. I'M NOT READY.
    Just kidding, I'm only A LITTLE nervous about NaNoWriMo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I'll look you up on the website. Best of luck!!! Or should I say, break a pen?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts