Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The NEED to write


Write.

Craft.

Repeat.

This is my life lately. Ok, if I was HONEST, it would be more craft, repeat, craft, repeat, craft - Oh YEAH! Write!

Have you ever had to put your writing on hold and found yourself MISSING it? Found yourself reading books -old favorites and new finds- just so you can be close to words again? That's been my life for the past month. I was on a ROLL with editing a two year old novel and then -- screeching halt!

A friend and former employer of mine asked me if I wanted to be a vendor at her boutique. Of course I said yes. BOOM! I started a business. Don't ask for details. There aren't any! It's very slap-dash still. I promised a bundle of items without having ANYTHING made! HA! So I stitched like a mad woman for five days and produced some really fun items:


That was a month ago. Since then, I've been stitching MORE items (again, like mad) and have a fresh, new bundle to hand over to her on Friday. I'll have a photo by then, don't worry. They aren't actually done yet!

Funny, but getting back into embroidery has really, REALLY showed me how much I LOVE writing. I MISS it. I miss the creation of story, I miss the clack of the keyboard and the scratch of pen on paper. I miss spending mornings in coffee shops writing before work and on off days.

And I'm glad. I'm glad to have this opportunity to share my crafts with others. Where it will lead, I'm not quite sure. That's in the morphing process as we speak. But I'm enjoying seeing a new side of creativity.

And I'm also enjoying seeing this rise of WANT in terms of writing. THAT'S why I signed up for NaNo this year. I NEED that crazy deadline to get me back in the groove. Once I finish this last item for the shop, I'm taking a bit of a hiatus from stitching. I'll be designing new items during the month of November which will allow me to focus more down time on writing. NaNo will give me that extra incentive to get those words out there.

Still mulling over what story to work on. Yesterday I posted about an old draft. Now I've got two more ideas vying for my attention. The countdown begins. Knowing me, I'll decide on November 01 when I sit down at the computer and start typing.

Here's to happy "accidents" and the sheer JOY of creating!
Cheers,


2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. I've taken a break for the past two days and now it's annoying me. I'm doing NaNo too, but will be working on all of my outstanding projects. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how one path leads to another?!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)