Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Prompt-a-Palooza #1

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I thought I'd give our first prompt a distinct Irish flavor!

***

photo of the Forsyth Park Fountain in Savannah, GA  found HERE
Yep, that's my city!!

Imagine your main character (MC) walking home late at night after his car runs off the road during a thunderstorm. As he walks, a distant singing catches his attention. The voice comes from a large hawthorn tree growing on the side of the road. There, an old woman sits, scrubbing a bloodstained garment in an old bucket with an old-fashioned washboard. When your MC gets closer, the washer woman - a fairy known in Irish folklore as a ban sidhe (or 'banshee' if you prefer) - whispers to him a name and he recognizes the garments as belonging to the person she mentions.

What name did the ban sidhe whisper?

And why?

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!! Stay SAFE, wear GREEN, and have FUN!! Oh, and if you're in Savannah, enjoy the parade then get the heck out of downtown! And don't forget to share if you decide to follow this prompt to a conclusion :)

Cheers!



1 comment:

  1. My main characters are always elementary school kids...so most prompts don't work for my characters. They can't even drive. Which does limit storytelling, especially when I was writing a series about ghost hunters. You can't even have them walk around anymore because that isn't safe!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)