Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Wrestling a Dragon to Tea (Updates)

Breath is an important part of life.

Some may say that it IS life.

Part of the challenges that I face with myalgic encephalomyelitis is sudden shortness of breath accompanied by debilitating fatigue. I just took a shower. I might as well have asked a dragon to tea.

Then again, having a dragon to tea sounds like fun! Perhaps I should rephrase: I might as well have wrestled a dragon into acquiescing to my request for tea.


Then again, maybe not :)

Slowly I've been acclimating to the news of the anthology publication.

Even slower have I been processing the work still ahead.

The learning curve, however, is steep (I hope) and I am surrounded by a great cloud of those who have gone before. They are kind. They are encouraging. They are filled with a SLEW of great ideas that I am in constant awe of.

I can only hope my efforts will help and not hinder.

Speaking of The Anthology, the anticipated release is in May of THIS YEAR! I'll let you all know when we have an actual date. It's pretty exciting and, like I mentioned above, there is still a lot of work to be done. But I'm thankful everyday to be a part of this wild ride. Wander over to Dancing Lemur Press and check out the wonderful array of genres they represent! I'm over the moon to be a part of their family!

In other news:

* The kittens now seek fun in climbing into window sills and up bookshelves at 3 a.m.

* We STILL do not have a second car and I am enjoying being chauffeured about by my long suffering husband. One of my goals in life is to be Jessica Fletcher. Not driving is one step closer to fulfilling that goal. Sadly, it is one my husband is not too keen on seeing permanently fulfilled.

* Savannah feels like Spring. What? Last week we were freezing. This week I'm wearing short sleeves. Those who know me know I'm part reptile and am therefore always cold, always seeking a warm, sunbathed rock upon which to sit. And here I sit, in short sleeves. Comfortable. Oh, Dear February, be kind.

* I am in the midst of a marvelous book by Italo Calvino called "If on a Winter's Night a Traveler". This book is spectacular! A true gem. Bizarre and spiraling, sprawling and a bit confusing but so tantalizing I find myself needing to know what happens next. Spoiler alert: He makes you, The Reader, a main character.

* I've just started research on a novel.Well, I've just refocused my research on the bug-bear of a novel I mentioned in THIS post. It's looking less and less like molar extraction, but still has yet to take on the guise of easy flowing maple syrup.

image found via Pinterest

May you always wonder, my Friends



8 comments:

  1. Sorry you feel like you wrestled a dragon.
    Excited about the anthology!
    We started last week with below freezing temperatures and within days it was in the seventies. Just nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is a bit funky. I expect it this time of year, though. I'll just be glad when May gets here and I know what to expect :)

      Delete
  2. I love the imagery in this post, and that last quote! I'm excited about the anthology, too.
    We had below freezing temperatures on Sunday and now it's above freezing and raining (which is more typical winter weather).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Yes, crazy weather patterns are typical where I live, especially in the winter. We have a saying in Georgia: if you don't like the weather, wait around a few hours. It'll change.

      Delete
  3. Our cat likes to get into everything and open and close doors at 3 in the morning.

    We should have cover art for you in less than a week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! That's exciting about the cover art. NOT exciting about the cats opening doors. Ours have taken to climbing the blinds and trying to knock picture frames out of windows. Blerg...

      Delete
  4. What I have seen of the kitties makes me very happy on Instagram, and somehow I missed the anthology post??? But yay!!! I'm so happy for you. There are so many sweet and exciting things happening.

    I might know someone with your same condition, though I believe there are a few conditions classified by chronic fatigue, so I'm not entirely sure. I know it's a struggle for them, though, so I'm sorry to hear you're similarly afflicted. <3 *hugs*

    http://herestothegoldendays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I posted about it the first week of January. Things get lost in the social media shuffle. No problem :) Thank you so very much. It's very exciting but nerve-wracking. I'm having a crash course in marketing!

      I'm sorry for your friend. There are many misconceptions about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, that's why I LOVE the British diagnosis and explanation of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. It covers so much more ground and sounds more serious than CFS. Because it is more serious than just "I'm tired" and, of course, it avoids the insensitive backlash you receive from that misnomer.

      Hugs to you!

      Delete

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)