Feels a lot like summer

I know.

Summer doesn't "officially" arrive until June 21. That's the Summer Solstice. Here in Savannah, however, Summer came in with Memorial Day.

It's been in the 90's, humid, and even now I can hear thunder rumbling in from the islands.

Do you get a little lethargic in the Summer? I know I do. I don't want to work on anything serious. I leave work and come home and sit outside with a cold drink and my feet propped up until it's time to cook dinner. At least once a week we pack up some sandwiches and picnic on the sand

Today, I'm working on a project while listening to Jimmy Buffett. The sun went behind a cloud and the cats are asleep in front of the back door. I could keep typing but I also could go sit outside with a cup of coffee and watch the storm blow in.

Summer is like that, you know? It gives you an excuse to just enjoy life.

To just BE.

Enjoy.
xo

Comments

  1. Humid and thunder rumbling in the distance describes today here, too. I've never grown accustomed to humidity - Oregon doesn't have it and neither did New Mexico - so it drains me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine if you're not used to humidity that it's rough. I'm from Georgia and lived here all my life and it can still get too much for me! Right now, our air's out in our house AND in the car. Ugh and double ugh.

      Delete
  2. The weather has been up and down, here. It just can't make up it's mind for us. I'm looking forward to settling into a season and staying there long enough to get used to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts