Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Insecure Writer's Support Group MAY : Book Release, New Projects & a Nice View!

Good morning!

Welcome to the May 2017 edition of the Insecure Writer's Support Group!

Founded by our fearless leader Captain Alex, we gather on the first Wednesday of every month in order to air our insecurities and seek to either give or receive encouragement from the writing world.

We also, on occasion, get to toot our own horns!

                               *****

Many of you saw the posts yesterday but I wanted to do a little more promo today for the Insecure Writer's Support Group Anthology. Hero Lost: Mysteries of Death and Life was officially released yesterday! I want to say Thank YOU to everyone who posted, tweeted, Instagram-ed, emailed, and in any way, shape, form or fashion helped get the word out. It's my first ever official publishing experience and it has been such a good one. I cannot thank enough my fellow anthology authors for their amazing talent, their kindness, their willingness to give of their time and experience AND their patience with this publishing newb. Grandma thanks you all for your social media prowess; heaven knows I gotta a lot of learning to do! Drop by their blogs, say HI and get a glimpse at the enormous talent they all possess : L. Nahay, Olga Godim, Tyrean Martinson, Elizabeth Seckman, Renee Cheung, Roland Yeomans, Yvonne Ventresca, Sarah Foster, Ellen Jacobson, Erika Beebe, and Sean McLachlan. Ya'll ROCK!!!

*****

If you want to pick up your very own copy of Hero Lost, you can go to our website and click the links there. OR...if you just happen to be in the neighborhood...I'll be doing a BOOK PROMO EVENT at Speakeasy Bookstore and Coffee Shop in Hampton, Georgia on May 20!! I'll be there from noon until ??? with copies of the anthology. I'd love to meet each and every one of you in person but Hampton is just a little north of the middle of nowhere. Still, if you have a hankering for pastoral scenes and red, Georgia clay, do drop by!

*****

I've got some new words swimming around in my mind, but for the time being, I'm taking a break from fiction. I've found a couple of new roads to pursue and I'm really enjoying the essays I've been posting here on Mondays and Fridays. Non-fiction is a far cry from the dark fantasy I've written for years and years, but it's refreshing and forcing me to take a deeper look at myself and my surroundings. It's a lot of fun and I hope you'll join me weekly and see where these rabbit trails lead!

As for the nice view, here you go:


We finally made it out to the beach for the first time in MONTHS. It was a bit chilly, very windy, but the tide was out and we were able to enjoy the sunset while soaking our toes.

Have a wonderful, fantastic week, Dear Readers! Thank you for your continued support of the Hero Lost Anthology. Now get out there and write your little hearts out!

Oh! And don't forget to come see me in Hampton, GA on May 20th if you can!

Cheers!

28 comments:

  1. Always so nice to get back to the beach. I miss it and won't be back for a few months. Congrats on the anthology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dean! Yes, the beach is my sanity. We hadn't been in two months which is sad...It's only 20 minutes away!

      Delete
  2. Congrats to you and all the authors. Promo has been running like wildfire all week.

    If it was just a little closer, I'd make a road trip to see you. I love the Savannah area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, it has! It's kind of crazy to see the book everywhere I click online :)

      I'd love to meet in person! Hopefully our paths will cross soon.

      Delete
  3. Big congratulations to you and the other authors! I hope your book signing rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It should be fun. If nothing else, I'll get to catch up with some old friends :)

      Delete
  4. I wish you luck with your essay writing and I bet the book signing will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erika. It's been fun so far. New territory to explore. I'm sure it will be. I'll get to see a lot of friends I haven't seen in a few years.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the book event, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous view! Happy essay writing and book signing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting for you, Jen! Congratulations! I can't wait to read the anthology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy it. The stories are fantastic! I'm about half-way through my copy and I'm amazed at the talent :)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations. How wonderful. What are you doing to celebrate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! When the books first went to press I went out for sushi :) I haven't really done anything to celebrate the book release, not personally.

      Delete
  9. All the best for the book-selling event, but it's a bit far for moi. Congrats on being included in the anthology. Can't wait to read all the stories. And I like the sound of your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Denise! I'm having fun with the essays. I do have some ideas for a couple of novels but I'm letting them simmer for a while. I want to explore some new territory :)

      Yes, it would be a bit far for you to travel. Perhaps our paths will cross one day. I'd LOVE to get to Australia!

      Delete
  10. It's been great sharing the anthology journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise, Yvonne! I've enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  11. Jen, I just read your story and it's wonderful! All the best with the book promo event :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I read yours as well and it's fantastic! I really enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  12. Lovely view. Congratulations to all you anthologists!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just started reading Hero Lost anthology and so impressed by your story - it deserves to be the title story. Loved the writing, the characters, atmosphere and imagery.I've read a lot of shorts lately, many by acclaimed writers, and yours was up there with the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Roland. I am humbled by your kind words. They really do mean a lot!

      Delete

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)