E is for...


EXCITEMENT!!!

Without it, we can't do anything. Seriously. Ever try writing something you were less than thrilled about? You know...like a term paper (hence the absence from the blogverse this week). In order to get through things, in order to plow through the tedious portions that come with every task, you have to be excited about what you're doing.

Nothing's perfect. Even when we're all best selling authors, having tea with J.K. and lunch with Stephen and Neil, without an all consuming passionate excitement about our next project, we'll fizzle. Falter. Fall.

Whatever it takes to stay excited about your project, do it. Visit a museum, watch a documentary on your topic, listen to music, take a walk, take surf lessons. Go skydiving! Just stay excited!

Life's too short for anything else.

Comments

  1. Truer words have never been spoken! I crave excitement :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's hard to keep up momentum on a project if I'm not excited. I don't always need that feeling to write, but it certainly helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree 100%! I've been so excited writing scenes that I forget to eat or will sit in the same seat for 12 hours, just writing, writing, writing, and I end up energized and exhausted but so happy when I'm done! I find personal satsifaction and peace in writing, and nothing is more motivating than finishing one book and ramping up for the next!

    Lizzy Ford

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen, my surprise me button led me your way, nice positive posts, Keep it up !
    JL&B

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right. If we're not writing and living to the fullest then we really need to take a look at what might be getting in the way of our goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true!Without excitement everything looks like a chore.

    love your entries for the A-Z challenge.

    sema

    visiting from A-Z challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post!

    I've recently come out of a time when my excitement with my story fizzled.

    Fortunately, I managed to spark it again.

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good advice. Today, I'll plan on taking a walk, getting a haircut, and watching an old movie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts