well, how da do?

I miss writing! And blogging. And YOU! But as they say, life goes on, sometimes dragging us along for the ride. I've become a full-time resident in bean-town (also known as coffee city and caffeine cottage). Our Internet is kaput and I've taken up residence at the coffee house. I've not completely forsaken tea, but I'm taking a math class this term.

Math.

I'm a writer and an English major.

I don't DO math *shudder*. I think maybe Voldemort created math. Just saying...

Without further ado, I give you:

RANDOM POST OF RANDOMNESS!!!

* My math class looks as if it's going to take 5 out of 7 days a week to get through. I considered dropping it but I'd just have to retake it later. Besides, if I get through this one (and the one for next term), I'll NEVER HAVE TO TAKE MATH AGAIN!

* Today is the first day in about an eon I've sat down to write for pure pleasure's sake. In other words, I'm not working on a 10 page term paper at the moment.

* My world lit class is amazing! We're studying ancient writing this week and I've decided to write about the ancient Celts and Ogham. Yeah, I never have been one for dull, boring ancient languages.

*A tornado blew through the town just south of us last night. We were up until 2am waiting to hear if we needed to dig a ditch and climb in (or, more likely, grab the video cameras and go storm chasing...woohoo!)

What's up with you? Seriously, I want to know. I feel as though I've been banished from blogdom and am sneaking in through the hedges to get an update :). I plan on posting again regularly, just far, far less often than...well, I was going to say before but ANY posting is more often than what I've been doing! HA!

Thursdays are my writing days. It looks as if I'll be able to secure most of that day for writing (school can take a backseat for a day or two, don't you think?) That being said, I'll be blog posting Thursdays and (hopefully) blog visiting on Thursdays and/or Fridays. I may even take to responding to comments here (seeing as a lot of people don't have their blogs connected to their emails. No problem with that! I just hate to miss responding to a brilliant quote).

So. Thursdays. Blogging. Responding to brilliant comments in the comments.

Done and done.

Your- number-crunching, coffee-guzzling, cursing-the-day-the-inventor-of-math-was-born writer friend-
Jen

Comments

  1. Watch out, Georgia! Can't believe the tornado season y'all are having. Seriously, take care, and pay attention over there.
    Math isn't so bad, when you think of it as a language, a purely logical language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death by Math! Fight back, you can do it. I'd say you've gotten through V in the A-Z challenge now with the reference to "he who shall not be named" who invented Math. Think of something clever for X - oh, another math reference. X can stand for ANYTHING. Tell us something z-ful, and you're done.
    I loved the A-Z challenge. Found more great writers and they found me. I wrote all of five pages in my new script, but hey, there's always May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, come on. Where would we be without math? Good luck getting through it. Setting a blogging and writing schedule that works is tough sometimes, especially when life gets in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Susan!

    For real! Our weather has been rather fierce. The tornado the other night hit 2 miles south of us. It's crazy how those things hit one place and leave something nearby untouched. Creepy!

    Hmmm, maybe that's the problem I have with math...it's logical! LOL!

    Have a great weekend!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always hated those required classes. Stats was the worst. I'm still wondering why that was required!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to making it this far, congratulations! I have an award for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I was all set to comment on this post when I noticed in your profile that you have a 25-pound cat. Lawdamercy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jen, glad you were out of harms way. Nasty Storms. I have relatives in Northern Ga. or I should say N/NE of Atlanta.
    Chandler is a well known name on my mom's side. My ancestors were Chandlers.
    I don't do math very well. Just can make it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took one math class in college and was sooooooo glad when it was over and done with. Kudos to you for sticking it out. Good luck with your schedule, I can never seem to stick to those things ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, I hate math, too! Thankfully, I've only had to take one math class so far. I stumbled upon your blog just now, and I'm really enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I'm happy you wandered by. Make yourself comfortable and I'll pour the tea. Cake? Chocolate? Take your time, meander, and don't forget to join in. Be sure and check back later! I respond to all comments here :)

Popular Posts