Monday, August 31, 2015

Resurrection

Returning to a blog is like resurrecting a cicada. It's big, cumbersome and you're convinced no one liked it to begin with so why bother. Not to mention it's ugly and a bit weird. But you do it, you get it going. Its bugged eyes blink; its fat body wobbles over on spindly legs. It moves and it is alive! Then the sun catches it and the body, so covered in dirt, is rinsed incandescent blue and green. It finds its wings. Not the rainbows of butterflies or stars of dragons. They, too, are cumbersome but also delicate as cobwebs shining with dew. With a buzz and a hum it takes off and - a miracle!!- it can fly. Ever since I stopped blogging here I haven't been able to get this little blog out of my mind. That was two and a half years ago! Change is hard. It's ugly and messy even when it's what you want. That year and a half has seen so much in my life. And now I'm writing amid more changes, more unexpected upheaval. Nothing bad, no, nothing tragic. Actually, it's just another step forward but one that (like so many others) came unsolicited and unsought except when opportunity grabbed me by the shoulders and started pulling. And here I am, again. Full circle it seems. I started this blog just shy of five years ago. It has changed names, directions, moods. So have I! But that, as they say, is life. If you used to follow me here, once upon a time, hello again! If you're new, hello and nice to meet you. Here's to the journey, eh? The journey of not just writing and crafting but of life and learning and enjoying the crazy twists and turns we all must navigate. I look forward to seeing you here tomorrow for the Insecure Writers Support Group post! Have a marvelous evening and, as always, Write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment